[sw-l] New Version of Keyboarding Software

Bill Reese wreese01 at TAMPABAY.RR.COM
Thu Feb 17 19:24:50 UTC 2005

Interesting program Sandy!

The relational figure in the background provides a very useful tool.  I
liked the way the Enter key jumped to the next keyin position (or
whatever you call it).

I tested the arrow keys for moving the active symbol and found something
a little buggy.  When I press the Tab key while there is an active
symbol, using the arrow keys moves the background and the active
symbol.  However, the active symbol moves at a different rate and the
two lose their orientation.

I also noticed that when I press CTRL-Enter, I can enter a second set of
hands and that pressing CTRL-Enter after that switches between the two
sets.  Interesting feature.

When selecting a keyin position after a symbol had been placed there, I
found it hard to know when that keyin position was selected again if the
symbol completely covered the keyin position.  Perhaps the keyin
position backgrounds could be slightly over-sized to help with this.  Or
even that the symbol linked to this position (once you have entered
them) could be given a color, such as red.  This would be useful as just
selecting the keyin position does not select what's on that position, it
selects the symbol that started there for that CTRL-Enter selection set.

Bill