[sw-l] Re: Thesis -- more than anecdotal

Trevor Jenkins trevor.jenkins at SUNEIDESIS.COM
Sat Feb 26 14:26:35 UTC 2005

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005, James Shepard-Kegl, Esq. <kegl at MAINE.RR.COM> wrote:

> I believe that if you want to have SW integrated into the Deaf education
> system on a national or multi-national level, then you will need first to
> convince theoreticians of some repute that SW serves important educational
> functions.  This will take more than a review of positive anecdotal
> experiences.  Rather, a curriculum needs to be designed, then implemented. ...

I disagree. Anecedotal evidence produces the impetus for constructivism.
Your objectivistic approach might work but seems to me to presuppose that
a theoretical framework already exists. Shane's colleague appears to be
proposing a very small scale study based on constructivism that may result
in a theory that later objectivists can prove or modify.

Regards, Trevor

<>< Re: deemed!