AW: [sw-l] FACIAL EXPRESSIONS... PA or PAH....

Sun Feb 27 09:34:46 UTC 2005

Hi Valerie and Everyone,

Valerie wrote:

". ..I would read it as the mouth moving from tense to
open, with no air coming out, no sound...just tense to open...of course"

This is a wonderful statement. This is exactly what was on my mind. Little
Eduard and other deaf children come to know the phonological aspect of this
mouthmovement much later.

In fact they understood their own confusion much better that certain visible
Mundbilder cannot be identified in a 1 to 1 order. And they started to
improve lipreading skills ..

After learning the German words they will be able to understand from context
that " the mouth moving from tense to open, with no air coming out, no
sound.." can be producing a sound like "Pa" or "Pah" or "Ba" "Paar" or can
just be performance of a fish breathing - (opening and closing his mouth...)

I looked at my dictionary and found another interesting  sign - or
"performance" that includes air in, mouth open, air out with pressure ...
In Germany some people voice during sneezing "hatschi"!

Inhale - head up - exhale head down and in the end- right hand ...

Stefan;-)

PS. Hi Charles sorry for your problems - but perhaps you can alter your
browser options to allow attachments to come through? I do not work with
SignPuddle so much - compared to SW44 or other materials ...