[sw-l] ordering signs by topics

Sun Feb 27 22:44:06 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
February 27, 2005

On Feb 27, 2005, at 11:49 AM, Honza wrote:
> Is it possible to arrange signs in signpuddle by topics?
> It could be very helpful. One friend of mine ask me for that when saw
> signs in signpuddle without any order.

Dear SignWriting List, Honza, Everyone-
This will happen in time, Honza...Plus I need to send you something in
the mail regarding your translation of our Lessons in SignWriting
Textbook, into the Czech languages...so perhaps privately you can write
to me, Honza? Send me your full name and street address so I can mail
something to you...Write to me:

Sutton at SignWriting.org

And in regards to improving SignPuddle to add the feature you mentioned
above, we are writing a grant with hopes to receive funding to pay two
programmers to blend the features of SignBank with SignPuddle. Stephen
Slevinksi is one of the programmers on the project, which we are
calling SignBank international...Let us pray we can get the funding,
because your request is a good one...I agree that is important. And we
are also setting up a way for research groups who have funding to pay
us an annual fee to setup their own private SignBanks on the web for
them...we will provide full technical support and a way for the
research group to access a private-based database with video features
and cross-linguistic searches...