[sw-l] Signed English, not English Sign Language?

Sun Jan 30 21:45:14 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
January 30, 2005

Hello Everyone and Tini -
I am no expert, but I thought that when you are signing in English word
order, that that is called Signed English. Not English Sign Language,
which would mean a dialect of British Sign Language to me! But it is
not for me to say. Here in the US, ESL stands for ...English as a
Second Language.. and there are ESL teachers who teach English to
native Spanish speakers...smile...It is ok, Tini - If it is not true
ASL it is good that you have at least differentiated from that...Val
;-)