AW: [sw-l] BRUSSELS - Conference on Sign Writing & Sign Language Teaching

Mon Jan 31 20:42:22 UTC 2005

Hi Ingvild  and everybody

well I would prefer to run the meeting the nex day after the Maastricht
event ...

Stefan ;-))

Just a few days after the Maastrich conference sounds good - someone
> might even want it just after.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
[mailto:owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu]Im Auftrag von Valerie
Sutton
Gesendet: Montag, 31. Januar 2005 21:27
An: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Betreff: Re: [sw-l] BRUSSELS - Conference on Sign Writing & Sign
Language Teaching

SignWriting List
January 31, 2005

Hello Ingvild, Shane, Stefan, Kathleen and Everyone!
Yes. Maybe several of you could become the organizing committee? And I
can supply you with all the names and addresses I have, with contacts
in Europe, of people who use SignWriting.

And Ingvild, I know you meant Patrick Matthews, whom you taught
SignWriting to in Dublin in the mid 1990s...Shane is in Belfast, and
Patrick is in Dublin...two different Sign Languages...Irish Sign
Language and Northern Ireland Sign Language...So yes, Patrick should be
contacted. I have been using his published dictionary in the back of
the The Irish Deaf Community Volume 2...it is in SignWriting and will
give me a way to be able to enter some ISL signs into the Ireland Sign
Puddle on the web...so it would be nice to invite Patrick, who uses
SignWriting regularly...but is rarely on the internet...

So if you all can determine the exact place, time, and who will be
making all the arrangements, I hope to provide you with a long list of
possible people to invite by this weekend...

Val ;-)