[sw-l] BSL & English

Wed Jan 19 15:53:21 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
January 19, 2005

Dear Shane, and SignWriting List Members!
Thank you for your patience. Stephen and I have been working very hard
to give the world a better SignMaker on the web. Now that the IMWA 1.1
is up and running on SignMaker, I will have more time to devote to our
List conversations. And I love talking with you all!!

The point of this List is to discuss how to write signs in SignWriting,
no matter what Sign Language you choose. Since you have been discussing
BSL, it would be great if you could start writing more BSL signs in
SignWriting! And if you post your questions to the List, about how to
write signs, we will be happy to answer your questions in this public
forum. That way, we all learn together.

Want to send email written in BSL? It is easy, just as long as the
signs you need are already added to the BSL SignPuddle on the web. How
do you add the signs you need?...

Go to:

http://www.SignBank.org/signpuddle

and click on the British Sign Language icon with the British flag. That
takes you to the BSL section on the web. Once there, click on the
SignMaker icon. SignMaker will open. It looks like this (see attached):