[sw-l] Czech sign language

Shane Gilchrist Ó hEorpa shane.gilchrist.oheorpa at FRANCISMAGINN.ORG
Sat Jan 22 21:40:43 UTC 2005

Thought Poland and Czech Republic are in Central Europe?

Either way, it's great to see more Europeans being on this list. It is
important to get SW spread across Europe :D

Martin & Lucyna, I am very glad that Poland and Czech Republic have joined
the European Union so we are together now, working together to improve
everything for our languages and Europe's big Deaf Community as well! :D

Lucyna, am I right in thinking Polish Sign Language come from LSF (French
Sign Language?)

Martin, where did Czech Sign Language come from? France too?

Shane

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
[mailto:owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu] On Behalf Of Lucyna Dlugolecka
Sent: 22 January 2005 20:15
To: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Subject: Re: [sw-l] Czech sign language

Hello Martin!
I am from Poland and also new to this List. I am just trying to make Polish
signs in SignWriting, using the SignMaker program. It is easy although you
may feel lost in the beginning :-). Glad to hear that you are from Czech -
we will be the first with SW in Eastern Europe ;-).

Lucy
(University of Warsaw)