[sw-l] SignWriting - anyone in Washington DC

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Sun Jan 23 18:54:44 UTC 2005

We'll see if my email comes through.  I sent it to the list.

Charles

Valerie Sutton <sutton at signwriting.org> wrote:
SignWriting List
January 23, 2005

Shane Gilchrist Ó hEorpa wrote:
> Trying to teach someone how to write ASL (using English) is a bit
> stupid - u
> know?

I am happy that Charles might be in touch with your friend. The
personal touch is always great...

But since you and I are 3,000 to 6,000 miles away from Washington, we
use email, and there is nothing wrong with that! You can send him email
in ASL in SignWriting anytime...did you know that Shane? If you really
want to teach him, using written ASL, how to use SignMaker, you could
do it yourself...Go to the US SignPuddle and click on SignMail...

American Sign Language
http://www.SignBank.org/signpuddle/sgn-US

then write English gloss and push preview and then if you like what you
wrote, send the email to him...He will most likely, at first, be
surprised, but after awhile, because he knows ASL already, he will be
able to figure the SignWriting out, I am sure...