abrupt stops in signing

Ingvild Roald iroald at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Jul 7 19:33:13 UTC 2005

Hi Val and any other person who may have a suggestion:

I have today put some new sign into the Norwegian SignPudle.

One of them is 'SKUFFET', which means 'dissapointed'. It is signed like a
slap in the face, but stops short just before hitting the face. The movement
is fast. How do I write the stop?

The others are versions of  'TEGNSPRÅK','Sign Language'. To show that the
signing is done like a non-Deaf person, the movement in the circle is broken
up into smaller parts, with stops in between. When the signing is more
fluent, the hands moves in continous circles. I have tried to write this
using the different circles that are now in the system, but I do know that
this is not what hey were  meant for.

BTW, the non-fluen signing is done to the right, the 'normal' in the middle
and the 'Deaf' to the left, as indicated in my no 2 versions of these signs.

Ingvild