NORWAY Smooth and Jerky Circles

Mon Jul 11 17:29:26 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
July 11, 2005

> On Jul 7, 2005, at 12:33 PM, Ingvild Roald wrote:
> The others are versions of  'TEGNSPRÅK','Sign Language'. To show
> that the signing is done like a non-Deaf person, the movement in
> the circle is broken up into smaller parts, with stops in between.
> When the signing is more fluent, the hands moves in continous
> circles. I have tried to write this using the different circles
> that are now in the system, but I do know that this is not what hey
> were  meant for...

Hello Ingvild and Everyone!
That is true. There is absolutely NO difference in meaning, or
difference in performance, between these your two writings attached.
If you had not said one was for a hearing performance of the sign, I
would never have known you wanted something different.

I can explain why, if you would like, plus I can teach you how to
write the difference between a smooth and jerky circle if you would
like?...

So your first one does not mean "smooth" and the second one does not
mean "jerky"...Unless you want us to change the meaning of the
symbols, which would lead to changing hundreds of documents, and make
all circles typed with SignWriter DOS jerky!! Val ;-)