ANNOUNCING New Web Posting Woehrmann Das Zeichen Article

Fri Jul 15 16:54:44 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
July 15, 2005

Dear SW Listers, and Stefan!
I have a NEW web posting to announce...

Stefan's excellent article about SignWriting, written in German,
published in the Das Zeichen Journal from the University of Hamburg
in November, 2003, has now been translated into English. Stefan and I
shared the job of translating the article last Spring, and now
finally we have a version of that translation on the web. It is not
perfect, because some of the diagrams need to be placed better, but
at least it is there for people to read, and I hope you will! It is a
remarkable article that goes for 12 pages in the Journal...I made it
one long web page in English for now...Thank you, Stefan, for your
hard work!

You can link to it from our homepage:

http://www.SignWriting.org

or go directly...

English Translation, Das Zeichen Article
by Stefan Woehrmann
http://www.SignWriting.org/germany/DasZeichen

Stefan - I wish you all the best with your Keynote Presentation at
the ICED Conference on Wednesday, July 20th in the Netherlands!!
Enjoy every minute of it!

Have a wonderful trip!

PLease, Please, Please...someone take pictures of both the ICED and
SW Symposium conferences!! We want to see all of you, and feel like
we were there too...smile....I certainly will be thinking of you!

Sutton at SignWriting.org

1. SignWritingSite
http://www.SignWriting.org
Read & Write Sign Languages