PHILIPPINES Your New Dictionary on the Web!

Nana Dumitra nana.dumitra at SCHLOSSKLAUS.AT
Wed Jul 20 09:21:02 UTC 2005

Hello Val and SW list,
I was so excited when I read about the Philippine signpuddle - I was so
busy recently that there was no time to keep up with everything. Yes,
Val, please teach me how to add signs to it. It looks beautiful and the
ASL sign for the Philippines is even the same as here in FSL (Filipino
Sign Language)!My problem right now: I just tried to get some more
information about signpuddle and read not to try to load signs if I have
Internet Explorer, because it is too slow. Well, I do have Explorer, so
what now?
Thanks for your patience in teaching us so many useful things.
Nana

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
[mailto:owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu] On Behalf Of Valerie Sutton
Sent: Dienstag, 19. Juli 2005 23:55
To: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Subject: [sw-l] PHILIPPINES Your New Dictionary on the Web!

SignWriting List
July 19, 2005

> Nana Dumitra wrote:
> It has been some time since I posted to the list. We are Marian and
> Nana
> Dumitra, missionaries to the Deaf in the Philippines and we have been
> using SignWriting for about a year now.

Hello Nana and Marian!
I am sooo glad you wrote. We have created a special SignPuddle
dictionary just for the Philippines! You and your students are
welcome to start adding signs written in SignWriting, in your
dictionary on the web...

Go to:

SignPuddle
http://www.SignBank.org/signpuddle

and scroll down to find the Philippine Flag and click on the flag.
That will take you to your dictionary.

You will find one sign in your dictionary! The sign for Phlippine in
ASL, which I added to get you started.

So ask me how to begin to add your signs, and I will help you step by
step. Your students will really benefit from the experience!