ISL wocabulary

Tomas Klapka Tomas.Klapka at RUCE.CZ
Thu Jul 7 22:35:33 UTC 2005

Hi Honza,
of course you know somebody and you know him personaly ;o)

Mi parolas Esperante, sed ankaŭ mi ne komprenas kiel Gestuno estas
komparita al Esperanto...

Well AFAIK Gestuno is not a language. It is just the list of signs
called to be international.
It has the only thing with Esperanto and it is the purpose to help in
international communication. Probably because of this Gestuno and
Esperanto are meaned to be parallely as ASL with English, LSF with
French or others.

But Gestuno is not used by people who speak Esperanto or people whose
majority language is Esperanto.
If you have Gestuno dictionary with Esperanto glosses, it is useful only
for those who speak Esperanto.
Because of this I understand to Honza :)

But, Honza, on the other side I don't know why should it be
Gestuno-English dictionary, because I don't like an idea to give the
status "international language" to the English language.

My suggestion is to have for each sign more possible glosses in various
languages. If I put a new sign into the dictionary I can write czech
gloss and I can add english, esperanto and german, because it is no
problem for me to translate the sign into these languages. In this way
the dictionary could be more rich (and cheaply ;) and people from other
countries can learn czech sign language even they don't know czech
spoken language ;)

ĝis la revido,
Tomas ;)