changing the name of a sign in Puddle?

Tue Jul 12 14:29:53 UTC 2005

On Jul 12, 2005, at 5:18 AM, Kimberley A. Shaw wrote:
Hello Steve, or whoever can help:
I've been trying to log on as "editor" (which I'm passworded for) and
change "Washington-city" to "Washington DC" (I know there's already one
there, but this one's a variant) ... and it won't let me change that
particular name! Same thing happened with a couple of other signs
which I
had named badly. What can I do from here?
:-(
I think I'll stand at a blackboard now & write 100 times that I will not
go creating Puddle signs when tired ...
Best,
Kim from Boston

---------------------------------

Hello Kim -
This is not your fault. There are so many things that happened in the
software development. The reason you cannot change the names of some
of them is because they are not signs that were made with SignPuddle
or SignMaker...take a look at the attached diagram...see the signs
that say Graphics Only underneath them...those cannot be changed and
have to be re-typed in SignMaker and when they are re-typed in
SignMaker then they are written in SWML which means they can be
changed...so that is why we have the huge job of re-typing around
3000 of the signs in the ASL SignPuddle, changing them from the
Graphics Only to the SWML...a huge job and one of the reasons I could
not promise you a printed dictionary sorted by SSS sooner...

So maybe you could re-enter those Graphics Only signs in SignMaker
and then delete the Graphics Only ones, once the new ones can replace
them...