Enquiries about Sign writing from Malaysia!!!

Aisha Shamsuna Ahmed kcx4aas at NOTTINGHAM.EDU.MY
Thu Jul 14 01:22:22 UTC 2005

Dear Valerie Sutton,
Guess I should re-introduce myself, my name is Aisha Shamsuna Ahmed, a
postgraduate student of the
University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus.  I am studying for a MSc in
Information Technology.
Please could you give me some more information about Sign Writing; its
alphabets, how to
learn it etc. I would be most grateful because I think this would be
quite helpful to me as I am conducting research on SMS for the Deaf.
And
I believe that Sign Writing could be put to good use in SMS.

Do you have any comments or suggestions with respect to how it could
be
incorporated into mobile phones? I realise that it's already been used
with computers. I intend to create a prototype of an application
that can be used for writing SMS in sign writing.

Do you know if a Sign Writing application for mobile phones has been
done already?

Do you also know if people who have learned Sign Writing would like to
use it in mobile phones?

Thank you.
Kind Regards,
Aisha Shamsuna Ahmed