Malaysian Sign Language

Aisha Shamsuna Ahmed kcx4aas at NOTTINGHAM.EDU.MY
Wed Jul 20 04:02:45 UTC 2005

Dear Marian and Nana Dumitra,

Thank you for your response. I hope to create a program which would allow people who
use Sign Writing to write text messages in 'signs' on mobile phones, somewhat similar to using
the Sign Writer Computer Program to type signs.

I do hope that I may be able to get feedback from you and Deaf users of SMS in the Phillipines.
I hope to post a questionnaire on the mailing list soon.

Thank you.
Kind Regards,
Aisha

>>> nana.dumitra at SCHLOSSKLAUS.AT 7/19/2005 4:25:32 PM >>>
Dear Aisha and SW-List,
It has been some time since I posted to the list. We are Marian and Nana
Dumitra, missionaries to the Deaf in the Philippines and we have been
using SignWriting for about a year now. The Deaf here use SMS a lot and
we are be very interested in what you are planning to do. So far there
are not many Deaf here who know SW, but we are just starting our first
classes and hope to soon have several Deaf "readers". We know that Hope
Hurlbut is on furlough right now and quite busy, so it might take some
time to hear from her.
Greetings from the Philippines,
Nana Dumitra