Deaf opposition to SW

eyasu tamene eyasuh at YAHOO.COM
Thu Jul 21 07:15:12 UTC 2005

Dear Adam Frost

It is realy a controversical idea that comes to my mind everytime- Use of Sign Writing. I think it is more better to know the effect (either posetive or negative) of Sign Writing in places whre it is used as a Medium of Instruction. Isn't is? But in places like my country Ethiopia, where the sign writing has not been reached, it is very hard to guess its acceptance. But I can guess, most people are ready for a change, having thier own writing system, sign written text books it is interesting.
I don't know about yours bur mine is there must be done a Sociolinguistic Research after they become the useres of Sign Writing. What do you suggest?

Eyasu

Valerie Sutton <sutton at SignWriting.org> wrote:
SignWriting List
July 20, 2005