[sw-l] translatins the name of SignWriting

Honza honza at RUCE.CZ
Wed Jun 8 20:32:38 UTC 2005

Hi Lucyna and everyone.

I had the same problem as you. I also don't like czech translation of
SingWriting - "znakové písmo" because it is not concrete term. So, I and
everyone here also use "SignWriting" - because it is the name of this
system.

I'd like to ask you something too. How do you sign "SignWriting" in your
language? (Lucyna - PJM :-) )
At the begining we tried to use ASL sign, but it deminished soon because
noone knew that sign, so i had to explain it anyway ... so this time I
think most of us use "S+W" as "sign" for SignWriting, but I don't like
it because it is not real sign etc.

thanks
Honza