[sw-l] SW Dos Dictionary to SignPuddle?

Fri Jun 10 14:42:33 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
June 10, 2005

Hello Mark!
Just to reinforce what Steve said....Definitely keep using SignPuddle
1.0 and all of the signs that you create will be transferred over to
SignPuddle 2.0 later. And in the new SignPuddle 2.0, someday, Steve
has added a SignSpelling column, where users will be able to tell the
program what the sort-order for the symbols inside each sign should
be...Just like word-spellings, in English, establish the sort-order
for words in dictionaries...But no SignSpelling can be done for a
graphic...It can only be done with signs that have been created in
SignMaker in SignPuddle. The old SignWriter DOS signs come in as
graphics and will not be able to do the SignSpellings...so it is to
your advantage to re-do all the signs directly in SignPuddle...I am
still working on that job, for the ASL dictionary...we have a lot of
signs that are graphics and I am re-doing them one by
one...smile...Val ;-)