[sw-l] New Comer!!

Fri Jun 10 15:31:23 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
June 10, 2005

> Eyasu Hailu from Ethiopia wrote:
> I was thinking to happen Sign Writing real to my country also.  I
> need to share your views.  If your country is one of the users of
> Sign Writing, did you have any preconditions to start the activity?

Hello Eyasu!
Welcome to the SignWriting List!

There are people in at least 30 countries who use SignWriting. It is
free for anyone to use. There are no pre-conditions to start using
it. I ask everyone to join the SignWriting List. That way you get the
best tech support, either from me, or from others on the List. And
you have done that...so you are ready to learn SignWriting if you wish!

Have you visited the Lessons section on the SignWriting site?

Lessons in SignWriting
http://www.SignWriting.org/lessons

And have you visited SignPuddle on the web?

36 SignPuddle Dictionaries
http://signbank.org/signpuddle

You will be the first person from Ethiopia that I know of...It will
be great to have an Ethiopian SignPuddle on the web. I just asked
Steve to create that for you...

So as soon as that is ready, you can start adding signs to your
Ethiopian Sign Language Dictionary on the web...and we can teach you
how to do that step by step, here on the SignWriting List...

So start reading some of the lessons on the web...

Sutton at SignWriting.org

1. SignWritingSite
http://www.SignWriting.org
Read & Write Sign Languages