AW: [sw-l] Spelling of ASL Wallet (retry #3)

Wed Jun 15 22:11:52 UTC 2005

Hi Val, Charles and everybody –

sorry to bother you but I still cannot understand any of the
“wallet-spelling” that include wrist –flexing.

But who knows perhaps there is something that I am not aware of.

As far as I understood this frist-flexing symbol so far – we keep the lower
arm where it is but move the fingertips (in case of flathand) into the
direction of the little arrows –  up and down, left or right, back and forth
-    ( compare: flag, fish, ...)

Now here – the sign starts with flat hands parallel to the floor, palms
touching each other –

Now the fingertips stay in position ( is that correct) but the hands open
and the wrists move outwards – as if opening a book –

Now the two hands touch again (palm on palm) and again the signer opens the
hands and looks at his hands –

hmm – the description wrist flexing  - movement of the hands outwards while
the fingertips keep contact is something what I cannot understand –

Any advice? Suggestions?

Stefan ;-)

  _____