AW: [sw-l] Spelling of ASL Wallet (retry #3)

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Jun 16 01:03:01 UTC 2005

Think of your hands flat against each other.  There
are two possible hinges.  One along the edge of your
hands (like a book) or one at the tip of your fingers,
like a long skinny wallet.

Wallet is opening the short side (the fingers) not the
long side (the edge of the hand). It only opens
halfway, not to the full flatness of a book, but to a
45 degree angle.

Does that make sense now?  Because it is a noun in
ASL, it opens twice.

Charles

--- Stefan Wöhrmann