[sw-l] wallets etc

Kimberley A. Shaw kshaw at WELLESLEY.EDU
Thu Jun 16 18:34:07 UTC 2005

Hello all:
and that is why I sign myself "Kim from Boston"!
As somebody who is new to ASL (been signing 1 year 1/4 now), I have no way
of knowing whether I have learned the "standard" version of a new sign ...
or whether I have just learned to sign it the "Boston"/New England/East
Coast way.
And it's just fun seeing the other versions on the SignPuddle! "Standard"
ASL dictionaries just don't have much room for regionalisms ... but then
their page space is hogged up by all those line drawings. Hmpf.
-- Kim

sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu on Thursday, June 16, 2005 at 10:22 AM -0500