[sw-l] DVDs.... Great News! ;-)

Shane Gilchrist Ó hEorpa shane.gilchrist.oheorpa at FRANCISMAGINN.ORG
Wed Jun 22 22:56:06 UTC 2005

Val,

I am very happy for you - it ll be cheaper that way :D - and more effective!

Stefan,

Can you send me a copy of the CD?

Shane x
From: owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
[mailto:owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu] On Behalf Of Valerie Sutton
Sent: 21 June 2005 04:18
To: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
Cc: Woehrmann Stefan
Subject: [sw-l] DVDs.... Great News! ;-)

SignWriting List
June 20, 2005

Dear SW List, Shane and Stefan!
I have some great news. I have learned how to create DVDs from our old video
series. So we will now have the following products...

1. Lessons in SignWriting Video Series on DVD
2. Deaf Perspectives on SignWriting Video Series on DVD
3. Learn to Read Goldilocks in American Sign Language on DVD

and they will be available in NTSC and PAL formats. I make each DVD
individually on my Macintosh, in either format. The new Mac iDVD and iMovie
programs are simply fantastic, and I can do all of this without purchasing
the expensive Final Cut Pro program, thanks to our Board Member, James
Short, who taught me how to do it!

For those who wish to do the same on your Macintosh, I will be happy to tell
you how I did it. It required an up-to-date version of Quicktime, and two
other programs made by other companies...MPEG StreamClip helps change MPEGs
from older formats into the formats needed by the Mac, and the DiscLabeler
program is specially designed to work with iDVD to make the labels for your
DVDs, working directly in conjunction with iPhoto...works like a dream!

And Stefan...guess what? Remember the CD you sent me of your TV program in
Germany about SignWriting? Remember I could not play it on my TV because it
was in PAL format?.... and also, it was in another format of MPEG and my Mac
couldn't play it either?...That was a long time ago and I never got a chance
to see the program because of the formatting conflicts.

Well....now I can play it on my Mac and I watched the whole wonderful German
TV program on my computer screen!! So this means that I can play PAL on the
Mac (but not on my TV)...that is a real blessing...it also means that I
could take your program and place it on an NTSC DVD and then I could watch
it on my TV - ha!

So congratulations on the great TV program, Stefan - It is simply terrific!
You should be very proud of it!

Sutton at SignWriting.org

1. SignWritingSite
http://www.SignWriting.org