AW: [sw-l] Spelling of ASL Wallet (retry #3)

Fri Jun 17 16:18:58 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
June 17, 2005

Let us imagine for a moment, doing the sign for WALLET with one hand.
No pressing against the second hand. That would become true Wrist
Flexing, as you can see by the attached diagram...

But when we were experimenting with writing the sign for WALLET,
notice how our arrows were going the opposite direction...we were
writing the direction of the arm-flex, while pressing against the
fingertips...so the flex reversed...it was no longer the direction of
the fingers, but the direction of the lower forearm
moving....continued next message...