[sw-l] ETHIOPIA New Signs!!

Mon Jun 20 19:40:44 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
June 20, 2005

ETHIOPIA New Signs!
It looks like some of your signs are the same as ASL. Perhaps you had
American teachers in Ethiopia? smile....

This means that you might enjoy looking at the ASL SignPuddle on the
web:

ASL SignPuddle
http://www.SignBank.org/signpuddle/sgn-US

Click on the Dictionary Editors section in the ASL SignPuddle. Search
for the signs that are the same. Then push the Copy button under each
sign you wish to copy to Ethiopia. Then scroll down to the bottom of
the Dictionary Editor page, and click on the Ethiopian flag. This
will copy the sign from the ASL SignPuddle to the Ethiopian SignPuddle.

Meanwhile, it is good for you to learn to write the signs from the
beginning, anyway...Here are examples of the ASL sign for GOOD, which
is also our sign for THANK YOU. Can you see we used a single-stemmed
arrow to show the movement forward?

If you want to learn these arrows, go to:
http://signwriting.org/lessons/lessonsw/097%20Straight-Movement.html

Try re-writing your sign for THANK YOU, based on what you see here...