AW: [sw-l] SignPuddle - how to change a given sign

Stephen Slevinski slevinski at SIGNWRITING.ORG
Sun Mar 6 04:14:03 UTC 2005

Hi Anny,

Each dictionary is moderated differently.  Dictionary editors have the power
to delete and rename signs.  On the opening page of each dictionary, there
are several links to new signs that have been added to the dictionary.  You
can view signs that have been added in the past 24 hours, the past week, or
the past month.  I hope that dictionary editors will use these links to
verify that the signs in the dictionary are correct.

The short term answer is for the editors of a dictionary to discuss between
themselves how to moderate the dictionary.  The long term answer is to
improve the tools for dictionary editors to use.  I like the idea of an
accepted sign.  I will probably add that to the redesigned SignPuddle.

The free version of SignPuddle will always be open to the public.  It may
introduce chaos into the mix, but it does keep it interesting, exciting, and
gets people involved.

-Stephen