[sw-l] im a very poor salesman of the SW!

Sun Mar 6 15:50:47 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
March 6, 2005

Shane Gilchrist Ó hEorpa wrote:
> The biggest obstacle in England is that most SW manuals are in ASL
> which is
> a big turn-off :( - and BSL users can't identify with it - so we do
> need a
> BSL manual for England...

All the more reason for you to start writing in Northern Ireland Sign
Language or BSL right now! We can sit around and talk, but writing
documents and literature is more important.

Let's start translating the first workbook used in the SignWriting
Literacy Project...We need to translate it into Northern Ireland Sign
Language. Post the translation to this LIst, and then I will start a
web page for you showing your new document, and then you can print it
and show it to people in Northern Ireland...

We will take it one page at a time...I am taking the page from this
document, which you can download too...

Goldilocks Workbook, SignWriting Level 1 (ASL)
http://www.SignWriting.org/archive/docs1/sw0076-US-Goldilocks-Level1.pdf

Here is the first page in the workbook. What is your sign for HOUSE in
Northern Ireland Sign Language, Shane? Please create it in SignPuddle,
and then post the sign to the List...I await your reply!!...