[sw-l] im a very poor salesman of the SW!

Trevor Jenkins trevor.jenkins at SUNEIDESIS.COM
Sun Mar 6 19:55:51 UTC 2005

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005, Shane Gilchrist Ó hEorpa writing primarily to Sandy
Fleming said:

> If Val can't do that, perhaps you and I can meet up (the next time im in
> England) and discuss the manual - maybe with Trevor in attendance - to see
> if we can come up with a wee manual you suggested?

You can count me in on that meeting.

> The biggest obstacle in England is that most SW manuals are in ASL which is
> a big turn-off :( - and BSL users can't identify with it - so we do need a
> BSL manual for England...

That's exactly my problem. I found out about SW when I first started BSL
classes and while I could see how useful the notation was the use of ASL
handshape names confused me utterly. Now that I've been forced to get to
grips with Stokoe (in the BSL/English dictionary) the use of ASL
handshapes is not so daunting. If those of us living in the British Isles
could collaborate on a BSL-specific introduction then I'll willingly help.

Regards, Trevor

<>< Re: deemed!