[sw-l] Simpler documents for beginners...

Mon Mar 7 00:44:00 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
march 6, 2005

On Mar 6, 2005, at 1:14 PM, nemery at u.washington.edu wrote:
> By the way, some of us linguists came to SignWriting of our own
> accord, because it shares the visual and spatial clarity that is so
> fundamental to signed languages. Nancy

Thanks for saying that...You are right that there are some linguists
who want the visual writing features that SignWriting offers...and have
always used it, and others are starting to use it now after seeing it
used...

I am excited about the idea of offering research groups a special Sign
Language Web Service, that would give them their own research area on
our web server to create their own sign language online
dictionaries...we are going to add the ability for the researchers to
add their own video along with the SignWriting...with sophisticated
searches and the ability to make group decisions as editors without the
general public changing anything in their dicitonary...