[sw-l] wanted: ASL-English "big" dictionary

Kimberley A. Shaw kshaw at WELLESLEY.EDU
Wed Mar 9 18:20:41 UTC 2005

Hello Val:
call me Jill one-note ... but I *still* would really, really like an
ASL-English version of the 3200-word English-ASL dictionary! (Am talking
about the 2nd DAC ed bought from you, ISBN 0914336568). Sorting by SSS on
SignBank seems to still bring up only the 250-word dictionary I already
have ... and the library I work for would also like a copy of the
ASL-English dictionary. So, when and how will this be able to happen??
Being a beginner in ASL (am about to complete my 1st year of studying ASL)
is part of what is driving my impatience -- just went to an ASL-poetry
evening the other night, saw lots of lovely new signs that I look familiar
to me, but couldn't quite remember what they meant ... would *love* to
look up in a dictionary, and have no way to do so!! Tried to do so online,
but no luck thus far. And a website or download won't help me when I'm
doing my homework on the train!
Best,
Kim from Boston