[sw-l] Adding Classifiers to SignPuddle Dictionaries

Stephen Slevinski slevinski at SIGNWRITING.ORG
Tue Mar 15 23:36:51 UTC 2005

Using a dash - could be better than an underscore _ in the current
SignPuddle.  The underscore _ is a special character that is used for
versions, as in ask, ask_2, ask_3, ...

-Stephen
  -----Original Message-----
  From: owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
[mailto:owner-sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu]On Behalf Of Valerie Sutton
  Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2005 6:19 PM
  To: sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu
  Subject: Re: [sw-l] Adding Classifiers to SignPuddle Dictionaries

  SignWriting List
  March 15, 2005

  Anny is right that the parentheses are special symbols that sometimes are
funny when it comes to sorting dictionaries on the web...so Stuart is right
that an underscore line _ is understood by most computers so this would be
better:

  CL_BED
  CL_VEHICLE

  This should work well when sorting dictionaries by spoken languages...in
English...

  What is the abbreviation in French-Swiss Sign Language, Anny? Do you still
use CL for Classifier?

  Val ;-)