[sw-l] First Complete SW Story in BSL

Fri Mar 18 15:31:53 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
March 18, 2005

Everyone and Sandy!
Fabulous use of the Translate feature in SignPuddle! Congratulations,
Sandy, on using the SignPuddle-Translate program in such a clever,
creative way...Everyone....Try it. Copy Sandy's gloss of the signs in
the story:

little-bird nest where, it garage. parents fly-away, why. food bring
birds-being-fed. baby bird alone. soon father bird home. happen here
what. attack who. you-children afraid. recently, monster come. it
horrible, stare. afraid reason. yes, open-question it go where. yes
road. stay, me go. going-for. is-it-afraid. not-at-all. will tell-off.
fly-away, home where, yes bend-in-road, bird-flying, see what. yes lion,
animal-walking. little-bird is-it-afraid not-at-all. lion it back,
bird-landing, tell-off. nest you finish come. children me they afraid.
why. lion, animal-walking. little-bird furious, tell-off. nest you
not-allowed, shake-head rights. if come-back, leg me smash-down, back
you break. fly-away, home nest. fine. it finish tell-off. gone.

Then go to this web page....

http://signbank.org/signpuddle/sgn-GB/translate.php

And paste the gloss in the translate box...and type a number like 300
in the signs-per-column box and then press the Translate
button...wow....a whole story in BSL...our first!! Thanks for sharing,
Sandy...Val ;-)