[sw-l] First Complete SW Story in BSL

Fri Mar 18 22:14:00 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
March 18, 2005

On Mar 18, 2005, at 1:43 PM, Shane Gilchrist Ó hEorpa wrote:
> I can follow most of them :) - do you want me to sign them (at the
> same time
> trying to keep to your dialect) on the mov so I ll send them to you
> and Val
> - to check it out?

Yes...that is a nice idea...But better yet, why not sign an NISL
children's story and write that for us in your NISL SignPuddle on the
web, Shane? You don't have to sign it for us first...If there are signs
that need to be changed later, that will be easy to do....Do it like
Sandy did it...that would be cool to have two like that!

You will then have a BSL and an NISL children's story to show
people...you can tell them that the stories are still going to be
edited later, but show them to your mate's wee deaf daughter right now,
and I bet you will find that she reads most of it, and will give you
editing feedback within the hour!

At least that is what happens here with young Deaf kids...they teach
the teachers SignWriting...the adults are scared to try, but the kids
giggle and enjoy it and read it....and wonder what the adults are
scared of? smile...Val ;-)