[sw-l] CZECH sign for ZDRAVI...health

Mon Mar 21 21:02:22 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
March 21, 2005

Honza wrote:
> thank you very much with helping me writing down the sign. If I am
> thinking if the movement is up an then forward, or the same as in ASL,
> than I know nothing.. :) I sign it every day, but if I think about it
> I know nothing.. So I have to ask others.

Perhaps, Honza, you could work together with Martin, who is also an
editor of the Czech SignPuddle?...It is good to have someone to discuss
signs with...we went through the same kind of problems back in the
1980's. I had the most wonderful group of Deaf people to work with, and
they were all skilled native ASL signers, and yet they all wrote each
sign differently. They would argue about this and that...until slowly
we put all the possible writings in the dictionary and certain
ones...usually the writing that was simplified....would start to be
used more than the others....a natural process that we cannot
force...so for right now, just add the different variations that you
think might be good, and over time you will know which writing
works...but having team members will help you a lot too.......Val ;-)