[sw-l] Thank you, Everyone! and Easter around the world...

Mon Mar 28 16:56:58 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
March 28, 2005

On Mar 27, 2005, at 11:51 AM, Lucyna Dlugolecka wrote:
> I have made some photos and am thinking of creating a web page to show
> you the characteristics of Polish Easter. As soon as it ready, I'll
> let you
> know the web address.

Hello Lucy, Trevor, Honza and Everyone!
Thanks so much for your historic descriptions of Easter in different
countries! What matters to me, is SignWriting, so I wouldn't go to a
lot of trouble creating web sites about the history of Easter, Lucy,
unless the history is written in SignWriting! Web sites are a lot of
work, and I do appreciate the offer. I am actually not that interested
in religious history...It is not my thing! I personally am interested
in encouraging people all over the world to write in SignWriting.
Sometimes people from the Arabic speaking countries do write to us in
SignWriting, and people from the other religious faiths too.... so that
was why I was talking about the international nature of this List...We
don't want to focus on just one religion, since the point of the List
is to write about SignWriting, or write about something else, but the
writing is IN SignWriting...smile...

Notice that when I mentioned a death in my family, I wrote the message
in SignWriting...So you could write your history of Easter in Poland in
SignWriting by using your Polish SignPuddle, in the translation
section...if all the glosses are there...a little like the wonderful
story that Sandy wrote in his BSL SignPuddle!!

So I am now going to try to stop writing so much English and return to
only a few English words, but lots of SignWriting...if I can!
Smile....Thanks once again for your historic messages -