[sw-l] arrows on diagonal planes

Thu Mar 31 17:09:21 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
March 31, 2005

Hello Stefan and Everyone!
Maybe you can help me create some good diagrams to explain these
symbols....

There are four of them:

Diagonal-Away Plane
Diagonal-Towards Plane

Between Wall & Diagonal-Away Plane
Between Wall & Diagonal-Towards Plane

But there could be more, depending on the exact spot where the horizon
hits the arrow stem...

The Horizon Line, and the Horizon Dot, represent the place where you
HIT the horizon. If the Line or Dot moves to the end or the beginning
of an arrow, then the movement is hitting the horizon at a different
place and it really is a different in-between diagonal plane...

I would like to create some diagrams showing arrows crossing over the
Horizon at different points along the arrow stem...and to show that it
really is a flexible symbol that can change planes gradually through a
variety of diagonal planes or slants...but the IMWA at the moment only
has the four listed above...

Can you create such diagrams, Stefan? smile....

Val ;-)