[sw-l] Doubt about Sign

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Wed Mar 2 11:39:28 UTC 2005

I'm confused on the gif you attached.  The fingers switch from side to side and I can't hold my hand the way you are picturing it on the last one.  The darkened portion of the oval hand and of the wedge hand shows the fingers on the visual LEFT, for a RIGHT hand, not on the LEFT.   I thought thick black means where the FINGERS are, not the thumb.

Charles Butler

Valerie Sutton <sutton at signwriting.org> wrote:
SignWriting List
March 1, 2005

On Mar 1, 2005, at 4:45 PM, Sergio Ribeiro wrote:
> Can you help me ? I am doubt how do to compose a sign. Attaching goes
> to you avi file with sign of man. Bellow are 3 compositions but I not
> sure of then. Can you help me to write right it.

Hello Sergio -
Thanks for this question...Unfortunately I could not read your attached
video clip...I use QuickTime...I wonder...is the movie clip on a web
site somewhere? Anyway, I wonder if there was anyone else on the List
who could read Sergio's .avi videoclip?

Here is the sign that Sergio has questions about...Sergio...have you
tried using the new program SignMaker on the web?... Anyway, I assume
this sign touches the chin and then brushes down into an oval handshape
at the end?