RES: RES: [sw-l] Doubt about Sign

Fri Mar 4 20:05:40 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
March 4, 2005

Sergio Ribeiro wrote:
> Thank you per your explanation, I can see more clearing this point. I
> to draw a example. What you think ?

And I want to thank you, Sergio, for your patience with me...I am glad
you are beginning to see some of the points, but I never finished my
explanation...you poor guy! Actually I would write your sign
differently than you do, so let me continue...

The palm facing is not seen from overhead...The palm touching the chest
is parallel with the Wall Plane, or parallel with your chest...so there
would not be a break at the fingers to show the overhead view...Most
signs touching the chest are seen as parallel to the Front Wall or your
chest...

Let me show you signs with the flat hand touching the chest
first...take a look at this diagram...The first one starts with the
palm touching the chest and then moving forward...and the second one
starts far away from the chest and then it moves back to contact the
chest...So I would suggest that in your sign, Sergio, the hand should
not be seen from the overhead view...(continued next message)...