[sw-l] Simpler documents for beginners...

Mon Mar 7 00:36:43 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
March 6, 2005

On Mar 6, 2005, at 1:14 PM, nemery at u.washington.edu wrote:
> hi Val - your timing is great in pointing these out - I read some of
> them when I was starting to teach myself SignWriting (like Sandy, I
> printed out the big manual too, but left out a lot of pages).  But I
> hadn't noticed the "lecture handouts" and they're perfect becuase on
> Wednesday I'm doing a talk and turning in a paper about writing signed
> languages for my "History of Writing Systems" class.  None of the
> other writing systems we've looked at are less than 500 years old, so
> it's interesting to be able to talk about one that's being worked out
> in our lifetimes!

This is good to know, Nancy - Thanks for telling me...

These two documents are good ones...

Docs 7 and 8
> http://signwriting.org/archive/thumbnails/00002.html

Number 8 is About SignWriting, and it is around 30 important pages from
the Lessons in SignWriting Textbook...

And also, if some of you have printed out certain pages in the Lessons
Textbook, you could create your own little handouts of just those pages
you feel are relevant...