[sw-l] Kathleen and Sara - Teacher from Belgium visiting Germany

Sun Mar 13 20:35:48 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
March 13, 2005

Lucyna Dlugolecka wrote:
> I think the student is Funda :-)

Thanks for telling me that, Lucy, and I particularly liked this photo,
which shows so clearly, how SignWriting can be used in the
classroom...The Deaf kids in Albuquerque, New Mexico, also do these
same kind of written translations between signed and spoken
languages...using SignWriting and written English...so this is
happening around the world now...in different languages...It seems to
me, that no bi-lingual program is truly bi-lingual without a written
form for both languages...