[sw-l] Translation requested in ASL...

Sandy Fleming sandy at SCOTSTEXT.ORG
Tue Mar 15 17:11:52 UTC 2005

Could I ask what we usually mean when we ask for a song to be translated?

Do we mean a transliteration that we could use to sign along with the
English words, or do we mean one in ASL?

For example in BSL the song would go:

    Trees green I see...

But it's very hard to sign this along with:

    I see trees of green...

I thought it best to ask before someone puts a lot of work into a
version that isn't what's wanted!

Sandy