[sw-l] Jordanstown & the schools here

Shane Gilchrist Ó hEorpa shane.gilchrist.oheorpa at FRANCISMAGINN.ORG
Fri Mar 18 21:47:29 UTC 2005

Val,

The SLCB is to bring NISL into all primary schools (and ISL into the WELB
areas (west of NI)) - so most schools have DVD players - and even if they
don't, they can go and buy a cheap DVD machine (only US$40-$50, Val) - and
we plan to go and equip our teachers with the portable DVD players and the
LCD projectors anyway.

Jordanstown (the deaf school here) will have both - the attitude here is
that if its on video, its "too old" or "too dated!" - if it's on DVD, the
attitude will be "Yeah, its still in use, it must be good" - prejudice I
know - I was saying to my mate's wee deaf daughter that we did use captions
on videos etc - you can tell by the horror on her face.

"I thought only my grandparents would use it!"

Shane