[sw-l] CLASSIFIERS...ASL document from video

Mon Mar 28 18:04:21 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
March 28, 2005

ASL CLASSIFIERS
In regards to signs 5, 6, 7 and 8...

Sign 5 and 6: The Head Arrow, showing the turning of the head, should
not be a dark arrowhead for the right hand...it should be a General
Arrow...all arrows for head movement are neutral in their arrowheads
with the general arrow...

Sign 8: The hollow dots showing movement from the middle joints of the
fingers, means that the fingers are opening and finishing up three
times.... Or do you mean, what I think you mean, which is bend down
three times like bend-bend-bend, or close-close-close....we call those
Squeeze and the opening ones are Flicks do you mean
squeeze-squeeze-squeeze or flick-open, flick-open, flick-open? If you
want the squeeze, then you need dark dots, not light dots...