[sw-l] CREATING Symbols that are not in the IMWA

Wed Mar 30 17:08:08 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
March 30, 2005

CREATING Symbols that are not in the IMWA
To create a handshape...

4. I found the base for the handshape in the 5-group
5. Then I clicked on Limbs and found tiny little lines
6. I then constructed the new handshape little line by little
line...very time consuming!

I saved this S-hand in the Polish SignPuddle for you, Lucy...see the S
handshape in the attached diagram, and then look in your SignPuddle for
it... It is not a real symbol in the IMWA yet, but it at least it will
do for the moment...and at least you can use it to create signs in
SignPuddle....See attached...you can also construct arrows similarly...