[sw-l] Symbol Frequency with SignPuddle

Sat May 7 14:16:31 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
May 7, 2005

THANK YOU, Stephen, for the excellent new feature in SignPuddle! I love
it...It makes searching by handshape so easy...

And from a research perspective, it helps us pin down what symbols from
the huge IMWA are really being used in each Sign Language. We all know
that not all symbols are used in every Sign Language, and the Symbol
Frequency feature shows us what symbols are really needed to write each
specific sign language...in time this will help us create smaller
symbolsets for specific Sign Languages...

I hope others will try it too...Go to SignPuddle and click on the
Symbol Frequency icon...;-)

Val ;-)