[sw-l] Learn SignWriting by Videophone ;-)

Sun May 8 17:14:12 UTC 2005

SignWriting List
May 8, 2005

On May 8, 2005, at 9:49 AM, Shane Gilchrist Ó hEorpa wrote:
> Yeah, audio on dlink dvc1000 isnt really reliant :-(
> The audio did give out during a demo in Belfast last year - and of
> course,
> the deaf audience smiled, saying "Well, what's the point in having the
> audio? We can sign, no?"
> Yes, it can happen if u have interpreters etc

Hello Shane and Everyone!
Oh. That is interesting. So you have already been using the D-Link
videophone for presentations in Belfast, Ireland? I am so impressed.
Obviously, I am behind the times!

And it is interesting to note that you had trouble with the audio
too...This only matters when non-deaf people are using the
videophone...when it is silent, with no sound, I prefer it...but
obviously yesterday I had to deal with two very skilled interpreters in
the classroom who could not hear me...it was a little frustrating!

Have you tried to hook up a better microphone to the D-Link? There is a
place to do that in the back of the machine. and there are also better
lenses that will give me a wider view and that means I will be able to
point to charts and people will be able to see me do it!