[sw-l] about "hold" and "together" symbols

Ingvild Roald ingvild.roald at STATPED.NO
Wed May 11 18:57:12 UTC 2005

My own feeling is that when the symbol is used to signify a classifier, it
should be placed under the handshape symbol, provided this does not
clutter up the image.

If the symbol is used to show tension that is not connected to a
classifier, either a hand symbol ( a threatening fist, .. ), or a
movement, the tension symbol should be placed over or to the side of said
symbol. Then of course, the same symbol is used to show a tense mouth or
tense eyes or tense cheeks, then the tense symbol is placed appropriately
on the face.

Ingvild

sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu skriver: