[sw-l] Using the SW Convert java program.

Eloy Lobato Alvarez elobato at WANADOO.ES
Thu May 12 20:06:48 UTC 2005

Thanks Valerie.

I've been able to open SW4.4 signs with SignWriter Java... just changing the
upper chase from 4.4 version to lower chase .AAA to .aaa  Thanks for your
information. We'll be waitting for your new Java version which be able to
print.

Well I'm afraid that the DOS Box 0.63 version can't print yet.

http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php

"In theory, any DOS application should run in DOSBox, but the emphasis has
been on getting DOS games to run smoothly, which means that communication,
networking and printer support are still in early developement."

So, we have to wait a newer version to print directly with this program...
It's a good program. To configure fine the DOS Box with SW4.4 we have to
change the DOSBox.conf file as:

machine=tandy     (original is machine=vga)

We have to add some lines at the end of file too...

[autoexec]
# Lines in this section will be run at startup.
mount c c:\sw
c:
sw
exit

c:\sw            must be the directory where SW 4.4 is into our hard disk. I
hope this information will help anyone.

Well, Valerie, I don't know if will be able to travel to Belgium, but we
will be waitting for all good news about SignWritign.

Thanks again and best regards form Spain.

Eloy Lobato Alvarez
elobato at wanadoo.es